Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hello Everyone!



So, I am in the middle of watching a great documentary, "What Would Jesus Buy?" about Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping. Wow, Reverend Billy is my new hero. His website describes the movie as
a docu-comedy follows our trials and triumphs across the country as we preach and sing to help holiday-abused Americans find a new Christmas without products.
Really makes you think. Christmas is so commercialized. Yes, I know this is a wierd blog to write in August, but hey, Reverend Billy says Mickey Mouse is the antichrist and Starbucks has a restraining order against him to prevent his preaching in their stores. Awesome! And hey, I've read the bible, I remember Jesus and the money changers. How do you think Jesus would feel today about credit cards, I somehow don't believe Jesus would be happy with Capital One. Alright, I'm done ranting.

Don't worry friends and family, you will still get christmas gifts. You just might get more meaningful, well thought out gifts. In fact, I am hoping to be completely done xmas shopping well before thanksgiving this year. I already know what I am going to get just about everyone on my side of the family, just got to figure out the in-laws.

Oh, and I did go shopping today. (Hippocrite, I know) But I bought 2 rattan & glass end tables. THey go perfectly with the bar, plus they were under 20bucks since I got them at the used store. SO, I don't feel bad about consumerism since they were used.

THats all for now. Working late tomorrow night on load out for Mamma Mia.

Bye!

No comments: