Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Congratulations Marcus and Michelle on your new baby!
So, Nate is now a godfather. Lil' Nate (Nathan Robert) was welcomed into the world on Friday October 15 at 5:30pm weighing in at 8lbs. 7oz. Hopefully Nate and I will be able to make it up to Tennessee to visit his namesake soon.

Anyway, nothing much else going on down here. Nate and I are considering looking at other apartments so when our lease here is up we can move. Not that we don't like this apartment, it's great, but it doesn't allow pets and we want to get a dog. My mom is a cat person so I have never had a puppy, all we had were cats when I was growing up. Frisky (my cat) still lives at my mom's house. But now I want a pet who will be thrilled to see me when I get home and who I can take for walks and play with. All my cat ever does is sleep and look at me with that superior feline look.
Nate started his new job. It seems to be going really well. He likes what he does, and he gets overtime and medical coverage and all that other good stuff. If only I could be so lucky. I love my job (who doesn't like to blow stuff up?) But I don't get any benefits. However I do have an interview next week with the OTHER big theme park in town (you know, the one with the Rat). I have already had one interview that went really well, so hopefully this one will too.
I have alot of friends who are looking foward to the Last Star Wars movie coming out next year. And while I intend to go see the movie, I am looking foward to seeing the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" film a whole lot more. It comes out only a week or two before Star Wars, but it has more going for it in my book. Mainly being a cast including John Malkovitch, Sam Rockwell, and Warwick Davis (you know, from Willow) as Marvin. Can't picture Mos Def as Ford Prefect, but should be interesting nonetheless.
Goodnight everybody! Sweet dreams.

No comments: