Sunday, May 09, 2004

So, I am back from my grandmother's house.
And tomorrow night Nate arrives. I am a little nervous about Nate coming down. I mean, on tour everything is great between us, but now he is going to have to meet my mother. And my mother is VERY, VERY Strange. I realize everyone thinks their parents are wierd, but my mother actually is wierd. Who else has the inside of their garage painted to look like the interior of a spaceship (Doctor Who's TARDIS to be exact). And while most mom's have dishes in their china cabinet, the one at my mom's house is filled with quirky sci-fi figurines and wierd movie-tie-in happy meal toys. I have given Nate plenty of warnings about my mother's unusual behavior and strange quirks, I don't think anybody can ever be really prepared to meet her. And that's not even going into the ultra-feminist rants she can go on. "A ring on the finger is a ring through the nose." I am a feminist and all for equality, but my mom tends to take things to far. (Dad, if you are reading this, you know you are partly to blame for her hatred of men. Sorry, but you know it's true.)
Anyway, I have so much packing to do. It is like as soon as I got home, my suitcase exploded all over my room. And now tomorrow I am going to have to rush around and attempt to clean it all up so Nate doesn't think I am a slob. Although, since we live together on tour, he should already know by now that I am a slob. Oh well. I have to start packing for tour anyway. I have no idea what to pack, since I have never been to Guatemala, El Slavadore, Panama, or Ecuador. Should be interesting. And hot (except Ecuador, it will be winter there).

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
--Drew Carey

Oh well, time for bed, I got a lot to do tomorrow.
Sweet dreams all.

No comments: